Ascot Catering Cycling
Hey Please Log In

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Ascot Catering Cycling
Hey Please Log In
Ascot Catering Cycling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody not doing the Bris to GC interested in a ride somewhere else?

5 posters

Go down

Anybody not doing the Bris to GC interested in a ride somewhere else?  Empty Anybody not doing the Bris to GC interested in a ride somewhere else?

Post  RS Cyclist Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:06 pm

Anybody not doing the Bris to GC interested in a ride somewhere else?

RS Cyclist

Back to top Go down

Anybody not doing the Bris to GC interested in a ride somewhere else?  Empty Re: Anybody not doing the Bris to GC interested in a ride somewhere else?

Post  Onehundredandeighty Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:34 pm

Dare I ask, where to? Wink 

Onehundredandeighty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Anybody not doing the Bris to GC interested in a ride somewhere else?  Empty Re: Anybody not doing the Bris to GC interested in a ride somewhere else?

Post  GD Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:40 pm

ha you beat me too it.
Im thinking clear mtn - Kobble creek road, then a couple repeats up mtn mee with a stop at daybro bakery.
GD
GD

Back to top Go down

Post  Onehundredandeighty Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:04 am

Sounds like a plan Stan.
We'll line it up in the next few days. Hopefully I'll have a bike by then.

Onehundredandeighty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RS Cyclist Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:33 am

Hills sounds good (to a point) ......I've been a 'flatlander' for while so don't be too harsh on me with your planning !

Start at the Gun Sunday 6.00am?

RS Cyclist

Back to top Go down

Post  Onehundredandeighty Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:09 am

No worries Ric, I'm sure you'll be fine.
It's not about the pace, it's more to do with the coffee and the hills, and lack of lights, and traffic(hopefully).

Seeing that sunup is at 5.10ish these days, is a 5.30 start not out of the question? I don't mind either way, 6 is fine if others want that.

As long as we fit in a coffee at Samford, then maybe another one at Dayboro bakery. (As well as 'inhaling' one of those bacon and egg croissant thingys)  Very Happy

Onehundredandeighty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RS Cyclist Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:26 pm

5.30 @ gun OK by me ...I'll leave the route planning to you guys ( as dangerous as that might be ha ha )

RS Cyclist

Back to top Go down

Post  GD Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:21 am

Coffee at Samford, we arnt even going to Samford?.. Lol

I won't have a lot of time Sunday prob have to be back at 10.
Otherwise just to ruin everything, since there is no racing we could do this sat (I have all day) and maybe do a quick sprint up glorious on Sunday?

5:30 is also good with me, see this bloody state doesn't believe in daylight savings scratch 
GD
GD

Back to top Go down

Post  Onehundredandeighty Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:57 am

Yeah, crazy really. And to think they once had the hide to call it the 'smart state'!!
5.30 Saturday is good with me. How about you Ric?

Onehundredandeighty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smithsr Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:41 am

I off to a family thing Sat arvo so can't do the Sunday jaunt.

Grant if you're looking for kicks on Saturday, a few of us will be going to Muzz again. We all had a bit of fun there last week, incl Joe who got off the front agin for 6 laps.
smithsr
smithsr

Back to top Go down

Post  RS Cyclist Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:55 am

5.30 Saturday would be OK with me too

RS Cyclist

Back to top Go down

Post  ven2 Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:04 pm

RS Cyclist wrote:Anybody not doing the Bris to GC interested in a ride somewhere else?
Ric, just ride to Central Station, and catch the 7.24am train to Helensvale...for coffee and ride back to Brissy. Wink
Home before noon.

ven2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Onehundredandeighty Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:05 am

Well, that was a sneaky tough one!

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/392283285

Geez, these beers taste good...Shocked 

Onehundredandeighty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ven2 Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:11 am

I feel for Flat Earth Ric....  wonder what he'll do for the next week!  Shocked

Phil, how strong did you feel....considering sub 82 kg
I felt weak at Thurs' crit session, but ended up riding reasonably strong in the wind.
Was drained Friday though.

Well, bike is cleaned and lubed for tomorrow. procrastinated about putting a new tire on the rear as there's several cuts, one just off the rolling surface being biggish.....but kinda cbk'ed...might end up changing it after dinner...

my food will be DurianRider inspired - dates and bananas....with a sanger and coffee at Southport before riding back.

I did 42k early this am, and the SE'ly was up very early....if the same happens tomorrow, (not to mention the showers) there's going to be a lot of tired=dangerous riders.

It still baffles me why they don't put this ride on in Aug or Sept, when the P(wind and rain) is more rider friendly. Ah well, presume it is for same reason as other walks of life - the decision makers are inexperienced at the event they are organizing.

ven2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GD Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:26 am

Bloody awesome day thanks lads.. Legs feel pretty good and should be all set for tomorrow. You should come with Ven2.. I'll guarantee it will be better than goon fest to goldy
GD
GD

Back to top Go down

Post  ven2 Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:32 am

GD wrote:Bloody awesome day thanks lads.. Legs feel pretty good and should be all set for tomorrow. You should come with Ven2.. I'll guarantee it will be better than goon fest to goldy
what ride are you doing tomorrow GD-ioni?

ven2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Onehundredandeighty Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:50 am

Yeah, started to struggle towards the end. Not sure if that's because of the run I did on Thursday/the 'mountain goat' job we've been doing/weight loss/muscle mass loss!!

Tomorrow is Settlement Rd/Nebo/down to Samford then prob Mailmans/Bunya on way back. Cam was keen to come out and hand out a flogging to whoever was stupid enough to turn up!! Shocked 

Onehundredandeighty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Onehundredandeighty Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:04 am

Just GD and I for todays 'recovery' ride over Nebo up to Glorious turnoff and down thru Samford/Mailmans/Bunya.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/392740671

My Garmin says 210kms and 4296mts for the two days.
My ass says "don't get on a bike for a couple of days".

Reasonable weekends riding, thanks guys.

Onehundredandeighty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ven2 Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:10 am

can't imagine a charity putting on one of your courses 180. Smile

just got home. the ride back was ok til the Stapylton Roadhouse, but then the roundabouts and Logan Rd lights get painful.
had a beer with a couple of riders at the Ship Inn....got talking....and well, to cut a long story short, small world. could have stayed there all arvo the beers tasted that good.

ven2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GD Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:45 pm

Another cracker of a day, this pic should say it all.. that and sore legs I have.. ouch!

Anybody not doing the Bris to GC interested in a ride somewhere else?  Photo20-10-2013125153am_zps90cb2990
GD
GD

Back to top Go down

Post  ven2 Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:03 pm

would be more impressive if the sign said km instead of m   Smile

ven2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down