Ascot Catering Cycling
Hey Please Log In

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Ascot Catering Cycling
Hey Please Log In
Ascot Catering Cycling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ride from Beerwah.. Try again this Saturday!

3 posters

Go down

Ride from Beerwah.. Try again this Saturday! Empty Ride from Beerwah.. Try again this Saturday!

Post  Onehundredandeighty Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:45 pm

Going to do the 144k ride starting at Beerwah this Saturday morning at 6.
Parking is on Simpson St on the western side of the railway station(just park on the street).
The BoM says there may be a morning shower but unless it's pissing down, like last weekend, I'm doing it anyway.
Here is the course again,

http://www.bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=376020

Don't forget the usual spares,cash, phone and an emergency gel.
Hope to see you there.

Onehundredandeighty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ride from Beerwah.. Try again this Saturday! Empty Re: Ride from Beerwah.. Try again this Saturday!

Post  ven2 Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:12 pm

WOW.....Bloody WOW!!!!....

Today's Sunny Coast Hinterland ride was absolutely sensational. Perfect weather.

Last edited by BruceG on Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

ven2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ride from Beerwah.. Try again this Saturday! Empty Ride from Beerwah.. Try again this Saturday!

Post  Dahlpad Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:08 am

Hey Bruce,

Great write up! The cattle grid was a corker! Laughed my head off. If Phil and Tina rode across, what speed were they going? I know you have to speed up in a car but a bike has no suspension so it could be a little rough? Even so I suppose the principle is the same so the faster you cross it the better . . . maybe. But for you to end up in the ditch like that is not funny . . . much!
Anyway, the ride sounded great and only 2000m of climbing! Still, most of it was only 20% so that wouldn't hurt that much . . . I mean . . . what was the other 80%? Too easy! ha ha.
I've spent the weekend doing family duties with my grandson's baptism and the obligatory party afterwards. Still it was great to see the next generation growing up around me!
There must have been some really interesting parts to that ride though. And it is all due to Phil's navigation skills. I can tell you that bloke does not need GPS . . . I think he wrote the code. Anyway, all very interesting. See you at the track.

Paul.

Dahlpad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ride from Beerwah.. Try again this Saturday! Empty Re: Ride from Beerwah.. Try again this Saturday!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down