Ascot Catering Cycling
Hey Please Log In

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Ascot Catering Cycling
Hey Please Log In
Ascot Catering Cycling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good solid week.

2 posters

Go down

A good solid week. Empty A good solid week.

Post  Onehundredandeighty Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:56 am

Well,
With a big week under the belt, now is the time to raise the bar a tad more and keep it going without overdoing it.
It ended up being a bit under 700kms with a bit less than 10,000mts of climbing in 4 days of riding, and I have to say each of the rides were not just rolling along 'ticking over the k's', so to speak. They were bloody tough, culminating in yesterdays 245k in pissing rain/storms on a MTB. Shocked
(Remind me never to try that again if I suggest it)
The scenery in the GC Hinterland, Northern NSW and Border Ranges is nothing short of spectacular, and riding through it is something I recommend to anyone who likes riding their pushie. Don't worry if its a dirt road, just get out there and do it. Your bike is stronger than you think.
Anyway, planning a 130-150 for next Saturday, so stay tuned.

Onehundredandeighty
Admin

Back to top Go down

A good solid week. Empty Re: A good solid week.

Post  ven2 Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:20 pm

Tina and I are in Phil. Screw Lakeside. Very Happy

Also, Judy is keen to explore Tyalgum to Kyogle, and we might stay up there overnight one w/e soon. Yesterday when tracking you I realized there's a road along the top of the Border Ranges, which must have spectacular views. That deserves a reccy, if it isn't a fire trail.

ven2
Admin

Back to top Go down