Ascot Catering Cycling
Hey Please Log In

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Ascot Catering Cycling
Hey Please Log In
Ascot Catering Cycling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back to cycling

2 posters

Go down

Back to cycling Empty Back to cycling

Post  Dahlpad Tue May 28, 2013 3:22 am

Watched the Giro last night (we record it) and what a sprint by Cavendish. The Cannondale rider (didn't catch his name) who challenged Cav was unreal. Talk about heart in your mouth stuff. And the camerawork GD was exceptional. These leadout trains are phenomenal. Such fantastically strong riders. I thought it was just the best finish I have seen in a long while. Cadell's effort was brilliant. He deserved to get second overall. You had to suffer with him on that last climb. Can you imagine climbing 18% without your two lowest gears? No wonder he was struggling. Many other riders would not have had the guts to finish. Oh I've got my Garmin back. The old unit's blue weather seal perished and start switches etc became unreliable so Garmin replaced it with a new unit for $129 which included a courier to the door. I've reset all the settings. I didn't set-up the original - it was done by the bikeshop where I bought it. I now discover that the Edge 500 can do a whole lot more than just speed, cadence and HR. Now I realise it can give me info that I used to ask 180 for like the % of a climb and speed of assent etc. And I only have two datafields per page so I can actually see the data onscreen. I'm still struggling with this cold. Thought I had it beaten but it came back again last night. Not too bad though. Hey BG. I meant to say it to you at the time but didn't manage it. On the ride back on Sunday morning, you really did get down in a pretty good almost flat-backed aero position which would work well in a paceline . . . just remember to draft me or 180 not Michael or GD . . . emm yes, don't ever draft GD . . . he has the same profile as Cavendish and drafting him is a waste of effort!

PD

Dahlpad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Back to cycling Empty Re: Back to cycling

Post  ven2 Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:58 pm

Hey PooPad Smile
Just taking the time to see if I missed any AC Forum posts. Been blue assed recently.
Interesting re me getting a flatter back.
Can't remember when, though thought it was mid last week (after you noticed), I lowered my stem 2cm (2x spacers). There's only one 1cm spacer til it's slammed....trying to lower my back angle without losing power. seems to be working. biggest problem is saddle sores on soft tissue anterior to sit bones adjacent ischial rami. Nevertheless, the body is capable of adaptation we never know until we try.
My neck is coping ok too.

Didn't bother racing at Elimbah. Was too toasted after 1600k in May, and one too many week night work functions.

Anyway, June is a new episode for moi....<700k, no booze, no coffee, more plant based anti-oxidants, more sleep, meditation, yoga, calisthenics....though more work too Sad

Re Garmins, always pays to RTFM, and skim a related forum thread.

ven2
Admin

Back to top Go down