Ascot Catering Cycling
Hey Please Log In

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Ascot Catering Cycling
Hey Please Log In
Ascot Catering Cycling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cars vs Bikes

3 posters

Go down

Cars vs Bikes Empty Cars vs Bikes

Post  GD Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:00 pm

Hi Lads,

Well first the introduction. "Kickstarter" as you all know movies cost lots of money. Cue Kickestarter.com, put your movie up and ask for $ and if you get your $ then you make your movie. This is called for obvious reasons "Kickstarter" (or kickstarted campaign/funded/etc)

So thats what this guy has done. He has already reached the money he needs so he is making the movie
here is the movie here
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fredrik-gertten/bikes-vs-cars-we-are-many

I think its going to be cracker, will it have any effect on peoples attitudes etc.. prob not.. still, I donated and am looking forward to the final copy.
So check out the clip if you have 5
GD
GD

Back to top Go down

Cars vs Bikes Empty Re: Cars vs Bikes

Post  Onehundredandeighty Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:09 am

What a great idea.
Hope it makes a difference to attitudes but not holding my breath as most rednecks that see the title of the movie, won't even bother to watch it.
Probably be too hard for their little minds to process!

Onehundredandeighty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RS Cyclist Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:07 am

Having not that long ago been in Copenhagen I can vouch for it being cyclist central ...definitely embedded in their way of living....mind you, no 'Mt Coot-tha's' or Nebo's near town to ride up so you have to be content with the scenery attached to some of the bikes.
It's ironic that at the moment in history when OECD countries might actually go bike commuting all the Asian countries are getting off bikes and into cars......maybe it's just a developmental thing?

RS Cyclist

Back to top Go down

Post  GD Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:34 pm

Maybe we are just going full circle Ric?.. ha
Its interesting but alot of people that I speak to about transport havent got an anwer for when I ask them, what are you going to do when petrol hits over $2-3 if not more a litre?
What is going to happen in 5 years when the Gateway turns from a partial parking lot to a complete parking lot and takes you 2-3hours to go from Boondal to Virgina? you get this vague look, and you see the cogs ticking but its like the blocks dont fall into place. There response is generally well just drive like everybody else???.... Right..
All I can say is go travel Japan for a while and see public transport and bikes at it finest.

This is off the SBS website of this guys trip in china, pretty interesting read.
http://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/steve-thomas/blog/128502/chinese-whispers
GD
GD

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down