Ascot Catering Cycling
Hey Please Log In

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Ascot Catering Cycling
Hey Please Log In
Ascot Catering Cycling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quiet Please!

Go down

Quiet Please! Empty Quiet Please!

Post  GD Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:43 am

Hey Guys This was posted on Facebook by Stephen Mitchell and for those of you that don't do FB.. I just thought I would pass this on.

1st Post:
anyone who does Zupps, TDR etc.
I am VERY reliably informed that some of the residents of the Scarborough beachfront along Tourist Drive section near the caravan park have made significant complaints about excessive cyclist noise to Redcliffe police and are now also intending to take action against cyclists including filming and stopping noisy cyclists until police can arrive.
Allegedly police have had enough of the complaints and are willing to take action.
While not agreeing with cyclists being over-noisy and waking up residents, I am also not in any agreement with residents taking matters into their own hands either .
I will simply ask you to spread the word amongst your groups that you ride with and be as quiet as possible if your are riding through these areas early AM.
If someone tries to stop you and you have reason to believe that they are not police, get the hell out of there fast.
Be aware that there is a very real danger that some of these residents will do something even dumber than trying to stop you so watch for "road hazards".
Cycle, we need to start talking with police and the MBSC to let them know we are aware of this too.

2nd Post:

To everyone who rides the Redcliffe loop or knows anyone who does, I am now aware that the Scarborough residents have a meeting with the Redcliffe Herald to discuss the noise situation that they are attributing to cycling bunches on that route.
I work with the guy who is organising this and know he will take this as far as humanly possible to get the result that he wants.
I have good reason to believe from their comments to me that there is a high chance of residents taking matters into their own hands if they do not get the result they are after via council and authorities.
Please share this with anyone and everyone you know who rides this route early morning.

3rd Post:
OK, here is an update.
I just sat down with the guy and got him to show me on a map where the issue is.
It seems that cyclists are being loud all the way along the waterfront past the caravan park and particularly as they reach Second Avenue where he reckons they are calling "Turn Right" but I think they are calling "Clear Right".
Either is pointless as they are turning right before a dead end so there is a) nowhere else they can go and b) there is an incredibly small chance of someone turning right out of Second Avenue.
The group went past this morning at 0415 so this is a local group and not from off the peninsula.

It seems the group in question is going the opposite way we normally go around the peninsular at scarborough, but its the houses opposite where we normally stop for a break in the park that seem to be upset. Please share with your friends that would ride up that way and tell them to keep the noise down for everyones sake.

Stay Safe
GD
GD

Back to top Go down