Ascot Catering Cycling
Hey Please Log In

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Ascot Catering Cycling
Hey Please Log In
Ascot Catering Cycling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Easter Saturday MTB ride

Go down

Easter Saturday MTB ride Empty Easter Saturday MTB ride

Post  Onehundredandeighty Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:01 am

For anyone thats interested, a few of us are doing a MTB ride down at O'Reillys on Easter Saturday. When I say ride, I mean a 90km course that takes in some rural bitumen roads, dirt roads and farmland tracks.
The main 'feature' of the ride will be the climb up to O'Reillys Rainforest Retreat via Duck Creek Rd, which in itself has gradients exceeding 20% in the early parts of it (I'm not gonna' sugarcoat it chaps), upon reaching the bitumen at the top, we'll turn right and do the last couple of km's to the cafe for coffee/food and refills.
After that we have a 25+km descent down to Canungra SmileSmileSmile, then a bit more bitumen (paceline) before hitting the rural stuff again.

Considering I've ridden TWICE in the last 4 weeks, this WILL hurt, but what the hell!! Might as well jump in the deep end again.

Following is the start point plus the course.
The start point is about a 1hr 15m drive from Nundah via Gateway/Logan/Beaudesert Rd, so be aware of this.
Seeing that the cafe at O'Reillys opens at 9am on the Saturday, I would suggest a 7am start would probably see us there at about opening time.
Again, bring enough spares and fluid/nutrition based on the days forecast. Cash and charged phone are a given.

http://www.bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=514842 (Start point)

http://www.bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=513714

If anyone is keen, please reply here. Obviously more info closer to the time will be available.

Happy riding

Onehundredandeighty
Admin

Back to top Go down