Ascot Catering Cycling
Hey Please Log In

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Ascot Catering Cycling
Hey Please Log In
Ascot Catering Cycling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weekend Rides Aug 3-4

5 posters

Go down

Weekend Rides Aug 3-4 Empty Weekend Rides Aug 3-4

Post  PedroH Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:36 pm

Looks like great weather for the weekend so lets all get out and about!

FRIDAY

0630am - recovery ride to Nudgee Beach

SATURDAY

0800am - Racing at Nundah. Dave Alley (ride around Australia) will be present to sign copies of his book.

SUNDAY

0600am - Riverloop at faster pace
0700am - Robert will be riding the Riverloop but at a slower pace. Go along and enjoy the scenery!

0600am - Mt Mee or Lacey's Creek

For those looking for a longer ride on Sunday I will be heading to Dayboro. From Dayboro will go either to Mt Mee (Ocean View) or Lacey's Creek (softer option) depending on who's in the group and how their legs are feeling. Minimum 100km for either option.

Here are links to the routes and profiles.

http://www.bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=589722
http://www.bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=589712

Note: All weekend rides now leave from the old German Cannon at the
Memorial Park, on the corner of Buckland Road and Bage Street Nundah

Robert 0438 152 700
Michael 0417 752 211
Peter H 0419 656 869

PedroH

Back to top Go down

Weekend Rides Aug 3-4 Empty Re: Weekend Rides Aug 3-4

Post  MartinW Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:22 am

Great ride this morning guys
Thanks for looking after me cheers 

Just to confirm it was cold - 4 deg. at 40 minutes
[img]Weekend Rides Aug 3-4 BikeRideTemp20130804_zps8b7f82b6[/img]
MartinW
MartinW

Back to top Go down

Weekend Rides Aug 3-4 Empty Mount Pleasant

Post  PedroH Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:17 am

Martin - I'm not surprised by the temperature. It would have been 4 degrees on the Strathpine flats for sure. Mate the work you put in for us on Dayboro Rd return leg showed real character. Well done! Paul - same goes for you too.

Even though I think we ride often ride some tougher routes, Dayboro Rd outbound always really deadens the legs. Maybe I keep expecting it to be easy?

For those who are interested (and not on Strava) my Garmin stats were:

Distance 108.5km
Elevation gain 1,572m
Time 03:57:12
Elapsed Time 04:33:22
Avg Temp 14°C
Avg Speed 27.4km/h

All in all an interesting part of the world to explore. Nice scenery and a fairly quiet road out there. Maybe we'll try Laceys Creek next time.

PedroH

Back to top Go down

Post  smithsr Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:07 pm

Interesting about the low temp discussion. We froze as well on the ride up Kedron Brook. Somewhere near 3°C. Gerard had no gloves and no sleeves!! Doing Lochinvar Rd when we were so cold was tough. Suspect 
smithsr
smithsr

Back to top Go down

Weekend Rides Aug 3-4 Empty Weekend Rides Aug 3-4

Post  Dahlpad Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:21 am

Yes all it was cold at the start. I can believe the 3 deg along the bike track Scott because from experience it really gets icy along there. Especially around Enoggera. One thing I would like to say re the Mt Pleasant ride was the huge effort put in by PH and MT on the way out through Bald Hills etc. These two blokes did a solo leadout all the way from Nundah into that icy cross headwind and still had the endurance to smash us on the return through Strathpine and Chermside where by this time my legs were utterly RS. All I wanted to do was get to coffee and sit down. Endurance MF wanted me to CHAT to him on the Rode Rd leg into Nundah. In my inimical way I told him to SHUT UP and JUST GET ME TO COFFEE! Another thing re the Mt Pleasant ride was the scenery. The tallest, healthiest and straightest trees I have seen in a long while. The farms were in tip top shape. The cattle and horses were top quality. The bitumen road from Dayboro was a bit rough but not too bad. Towards the end the surface changed to dirt (not gravel) and believe me the dirt road was the smoothest I have ever been on. As good as hotmix. After crossing a couple of culverts we reached the end of the track which was a motorbikers/mountainbikers jump-off point to only they knew where. The return to Dayboro was fast and far easier than the ride out. Much like returning from Upper Brookfield where the ride out is an actual climb and the ride back to Brookfield Showgrounds so much faster and easier because even though there is some climbing you must actually be going downhill. The Mt Pleasant ride is exactly the same. I was surprised at how fast we covered the journey. I thought we were riding into Mt Pleasant Village when in fact we were already back in Dayboro. I can only put it down the the effort put in by MW and MF on this Strava segment. All in all a real good ride. But I still think Petrie-Dayboro and Dayboro-Petrie sucs! If the ride out on this section was just hard work the return was utter purgatory! It is just something you have to get through I guess. Oh we spoke to Willo out at Dayboro. All very interesting when you cross paths with mates from all over. I look forward to next time.

Dahlpad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smithsr Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:51 am

Dahlpad - great story mate. Seriously, I think you need to write a novel. Who knows you could be the next JS Galbraith!!
smithsr
smithsr

Back to top Go down

Post  Dahlpad Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:01 am

Yeah thanks smithsr. Think of the bike (bikes) I could buy then! Ha ha.

Dahlpad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveF Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:47 am

[i]and think of the cycling mates you could buy them for Very Happy 

SteveF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down