Ascot Catering Cycling
Hey Please Log In

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Ascot Catering Cycling
Hey Please Log In
Ascot Catering Cycling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cyclist Awareness - FREE stickers.!

4 posters

Go down

Cyclist Awareness - FREE stickers.! Empty Cyclist Awareness - FREE stickers.!

Post  geemacd Thu May 31, 2012 7:08 am

Hi all, I've just stumbled in this and think it's a good idea (a start at least).

It's an awareness campaign to prevent cyclists getting 'doored': "Look Before Opening".

I've ordered 20 free stickers for my family and friends' cars.

Check it out:

http://www.lookbeforeopening.com/get-some-now/

geemacd

Back to top Go down

Cyclist Awareness - FREE stickers.! Empty Cyclist Awareness - FREE stickers.!

Post  Dahlpad Thu May 31, 2012 7:22 am

Yes good one Glen. I have ordered mine.

Thanks, Paul.

Dahlpad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Cyclist Awareness - FREE stickers.! Empty Re: Cyclist Awareness - FREE stickers.!

Post  Onehundredandeighty Thu May 31, 2012 7:30 am

Where's ya' sense of adventure? It increases your bike handling skills if some numpty opens their door just before you get there!! Razz

No, seriously, good idea. Anything that stirs people in to being aware of their surroundings has to help.
Honestly, there's that many dick*eads in the world today, AND being in charge of a car, it's frightening. Perhaps we could make a series of stickers up that these people can put on the inside of their windscreens ie, directly above the dashboard. Some examples.. Engage your brain BEFORE you get in the car. Or, Use your indicator BEFORE you turn, that's right Einstein it's the plastic lever hanging off the steering column!!
I could go on but you've all got far more important things to do than listen to a 'grumpy old man' banging on about how the world SHOULD be!!

Rant over.. carry on. pale

Onehundredandeighty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Cyclist Awareness - FREE stickers.! Empty Re: Cyclist Awareness - FREE stickers.!

Post  ven2 Thu May 31, 2012 3:30 pm

I just refuse to drive in a door-ing zone, even when it is a bike lane....prefer my chances with the texters, mobile phone users, and passive aggressive trayback, bus, truck and other heavy vehicle drivers, in addition to pre-senile incontinent oldies in a hurry to wherever.

Nevertheless, maybe I can put these stickers on my new carbon wheels!!!, rather than Zipp decals from ebay.
But then again, next time I'm outside Zupps, I might see if they've got stickers.
Suppose I could also make my own -> Envy, Had, FFS.....actually the classic would be "WTF" Smile

ven2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down