Ascot Catering Cycling
Hey Please Log In

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Ascot Catering Cycling
Hey Please Log In
Ascot Catering Cycling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(More) CHANDLER TRACK TRAINING

Go down

(More) CHANDLER TRACK TRAINING Empty (More) CHANDLER TRACK TRAINING

Post  geemacd Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:40 am

Hi all,

this post is intended to try and generate discussion and gauge interest for some more training time on the track at Chandler - i.e. weekends or another night.

FYI I've been in touch with a few of the local clubs (UQCC, KPCC, FFAST, BCRI) but at this stage I've only got info from UQ.

There are two emails (included below) from Paul Jackson (UQCC coach) outlining what they do on Sunday mornings.

The short version of this is that yes, they are happy for us to come along and use/share the facility with them on Sunday mornings - BUT - we would need to work in with their training schedule.

I really think this may present and great opportunity to not only dramatically develop our skills on the track, but also greatly improve our confidence (so that we get more time on track other than just when we front up on race-days).

Cost is $10/person.

Time: Sundays 8:30am til 11:30am (but it could go til 12 if we have the numbers)

If you are interested in attending this Sunday's session (16th Sept) could you please let me know by no later than say 10pm this Wed, just so that I can confirm numbers with him.

Looking beyond that, I suppose we can see if any other clubs are willing to share the facilities with us - or - if there's enough interest within Ascot Catering/HPRW, we could look to start something ourselves. FYI running it ourselves is a little more complicated/costly so I suggest we cross that bridge when we come to it. Happy to discuss IDC.

Cheers,

G
cheers cheers

I run training sessions of a Sunday morn and these are fairly tightly structured. If you are happy to ride within our program structure you are welcome to come along. But if you have your own training program then it is quite possible you may not be able to fit in with our riders . We usually have a generic warm-up, and then we break into sprinters and enduros and alternate items. It has to be run tightly or we cannot possibly get all the work done that we need with States coming up in mid-November. We warm up on rollers from 8.30am and hit the track at 9am and ride for 2.5 hours.

-----------

Hi everyone,

Track is on again this Sunday with warm-up starting at 8.30am and onto the track at 9am – 11.30am.

This week will see speed endurance work for the sprinters and broken pursuits for the enduros.

Please be there ready on time with correct gearing on your bike. Warm-up gear with race gear ready.

See you all then!

Jacko

NOTE - We have had our session on Sunday 23rd cancelled because they need the velodrome for parking – they have offered us Saturday arvo (the day before) as an alternative – probably from 2pm. Please let me know if that suits you.

geemacd

Back to top Go down