Ascot Catering Cycling
Hey Please Log In

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Ascot Catering Cycling
Hey Please Log In
Ascot Catering Cycling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday 19th August.. Tamborine, O'Reillys and Binna Burra ride.

3 posters

Go down

Sunday 19th August.. Tamborine, O'Reillys and Binna Burra ride. Empty Sunday 19th August.. Tamborine, O'Reillys and Binna Burra ride.

Post  Onehundredandeighty Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:32 am

Bruce mentioned today that we should do another ride down Canungra way considering the nice weather we are having at the moment.
So following is a nice 'not too long but a couple of hills' course, as well as great scenery and ample food/beverage stops.

Firstly, who's interested, and what do you think of the route?

http://www.bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=441771

We can be flexible with the date, but I've made it the Sunday so that we can do the Nundah race on the Saturday.
Even next Sunday the 12th is an option.

Thoughts?

Onehundredandeighty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sunday 19th August.. Tamborine, O'Reillys and Binna Burra ride. Empty Re: Sunday 19th August.. Tamborine, O'Reillys and Binna Burra ride.

Post  GD Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:20 am

Im in!.. what time we going to kick off.. I take it drive down?
GD
GD

Back to top Go down

Sunday 19th August.. Tamborine, O'Reillys and Binna Burra ride. Empty Re: Sunday 19th August.. Tamborine, O'Reillys and Binna Burra ride.

Post  ven2 Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:44 pm

I'm in as long as it's not the next 2 Sundays....I'll be up north in the warm sunshine 8-19th August.
But don't wait for me to get back.....We can always do another one before summer heat hits. It's so nice down there.

Something else we can think about, apart from Scarborough rides Very Happy
After coffee this morning, I rode out to Ipswich....and got the train home.
hadn't been out there before, and took an 8km wrong turn.

There's new cycling infrastructure in Ipswich City Council area now, and I was really impressed with how safe and easy the ride was.
From Bris, you go Bicentennial, Western Freeway to Ipswich Motorway where there's a few very light traffic service roads that gets you out to Redbank. The last 4 km into Ippy on Brisbane rd has no shoulder but there might be an alternative.
Anyway, I think it'd be a great alternate ride for a Sunday morning. It's about 30km from Bris cbd to Ipswich cbd. And could at a highish average speed. Some options:
- return trip...a bit boring though.
- ride out and explore routes around Ipswich and catch train home or come back by Lake Manchester....
- early train out and ride back to C Word.

ven2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Onehundredandeighty Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:14 am

Okay, seeing Bruce was the one that suggested the ride, why don't we make it the following weekend on either the 25th or 26th?
And yes GD, we would drive down. Maybe car pool if that suits.
What do you think?

Onehundredandeighty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Onehundredandeighty Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:17 am

Sorry, forgot to mention about your post Bruce re the Ipswich ride. I vote for a return via Kholo Rd and Lake Manchester then back along Moggill Rd to Western Freeway bikepath.

Onehundredandeighty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GD Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:21 am

Yea car pooling sounds good. and the 26th would work for me,

I also vote for not catching any trains back from Ipswich.. public transport [{SHUDDER}]....ha..
GD
GD

Back to top Go down

Post  Onehundredandeighty Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:59 am

Yeah Grant, hiding a machete for the return train trip from Ipswich could be quite challenging in lycra!! silent

Onehundredandeighty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ven2 Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:15 am

I had an ok trip back from Ippy in lycra yesterday. Surprised me how busy the trains were for a Sunday.
Though I was carrying my quite strong bike pump (with stealth modifications) in my back pocket, and left my helmet and gloves on, ready for anything. Smile

ven2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GD Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:11 pm

Ha, well remember all weaponry must be carbon fiber, to save weight and all Wink
GD
GD

Back to top Go down

Post  Onehundredandeighty Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:17 pm

How about carbon fibre 'knuckle dusters'? Wouldn't have the same effect though would they!

Onehundredandeighty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ven2 Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:46 pm

when time is not on your side, reach for a no. 11 - penetrates deeper, slices longer...and 2% carbon! Smile

edit
and in the interests of not incriminating myself, I've removed the jpg. Smile

ven2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GD Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:14 pm

Ha.. keep it stashed in your basement mate.
GD
GD

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down